How to do Etsy shop analysis like a pro with Insightfactory
Etsy store analysis tells you which products and markets are performing well, so you can focus on the right things.
There are many reasons why you should be keeping an eye on them but here are the main ones:
- Checking their success rate
- Seeing their best-performing products
- What keywords do they use
- How they respond to negative feedback
- How they use social media
Spy on Etsy best-seller items and learn from them
A lot of people are making really good money by selling their products on Etsy. In fact, because of the huge potential income that this site offers, a lot of people are now thinking about selling their products on it.
The problem is that many people don't know where to start and they're not sure what they need to do in order to make money with Etsy.
One way to increase traffic on Etsy is to look at what other shops are doing. This is especially true for best-selling items.
Even if you are not selling jewelry or other popular items, spying on competitors can be very helpful. You can see which tags they use and that way get inspiration for your own tags. Moreover, if you see a particular item that sells well, try to create something similar and put your spin on it.
But before we go into the methods, you need to know that when it comes to Etsy, there's almost always a correlation between best-selling products and top-selling shops. If a shop has a lot of best-sellers, then the chances are that their shop is also one of the top sellers on the platform.
So, the first step in finding best-selling products on Etsy is finding top-selling shops.
One easy way to do this is through the Insightfactory Etsy shop analysis tool.
You can search for any Etsy shop, and it will show you their most popular listings. And from there, you can copy their tags and use them too!
It tracks the top 50,000 most popular shops based on the number of sales and lists their top 10 best-selling items. If an item has made it there, then it must be a good seller. And you can use this information to create something similar or improve your current offering by adding new features or benefits.
Copy their trending tags and get inspired by their best-sellers.
How to learn from top Etsy sellers in each category?
1. Take a look at the top 10 shops in your chosen category. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are they really competing with you?
- What products are they selling?
- How many reviews do they have?
- What is their average price point?
- How are their photos and descriptions structured?
- What keywords are they using?
2. Now, take a look at their top-selling products (scroll down to find the best sellers section) and ask yourself these questions:
- How much do these items sell for?
- What’s the size of them?
- What materials did they use to create it?
- What’s the description like for each product? What words did they use to describe it, especially in the title and first line of the description?
Best Etsy Keywords Tool
Etsy keyword research helps you look for any ideas you have in your mind to see how well they are selling on Etsy. Search for a detailed keyword you have in your mind or something that describes your interest and use our Etsy sales estimator to find out the last time that the listings had a sales, as well as the number of days that they are on Etsy, and other hidden stats.
How to See the Most Popular Keywords and Tags on Etsy?
When searching for a keyword, you'll see all the tags that are used for each listing. Copy the tags if you want to use them for your own listings.
Click on show more stats to see the title and other data.
Click on Copy recommended tags to copy the top-sellers tags for that specific keyword you searched. These tags are chosen based on their number of repeats and sales they've got.